Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

On a spreadsheet with X number of names, one name per row,

Customer Question
there are five columns of...
On a spreadsheet with X number of names, one name per row, there are five columns of data for each name. The challenge I have is that some of the names are XXXXX XXXXX their column data is different. I want to create a macro that will give me combined data for each name and leave me with unduplicated names with data totals. The data is all numeric and can end up on a new worksheet.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/17/2010
Programmer: John D, Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant replied 8 years ago
John D
John D, Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

Hi again,

If you can send me your file I will be happy to take a look at it. you. If you need help uploading the file let me know.

I will send but it will come from my work email and a different PC. What is your email address?

To send the file go to www.wikisend.com and upload it there. You will then get a page that has the download link (the link looks something like this http://wikisend.com/download/527586/Book1.xls). Copy the download link and come back here and paste it in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it.

Information not sensitive - link below - comments added to file

http://wikisend.com/download/966788/JustAnswerFileDaniels.xls

Ok I am almost done. Will post the file in a moment...

OK

Ok, here you go

FILE

To run the macro click the Go! button. The results will be displayed in the sheet "Combined"

Please note that since there is a macro in that file you need to make sure that you have your Excel Options configured so that macros are allowed to run, otherwise nothing happens when you click the button. If you need assistance in this regard please let me know.

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the work.

That's not the way I want it - on the combined sheet I want one name with the totals for that one name. i.e. on the Associate worksheet XXXXX XXXXX is listed twice with different column data. On the Combined sheet I want her to show up once with her data summarized/combined (whatever term you want to use) in the cognizant column. Make sense? I will add an additional $18 when satisfied if you're agreeable.

Will do.

Should have it ready within 30 min...

Breath is bated - col

Here goes

FILE

Check it and let me know if it needs anything else.

Thanks

Final question - will this work on unlimited list of names? i.e. if i used it on 5,000 agent names, would the result be the same?

Absolutely. The macro determines the last row of data irrespective of how many rows there are. Try adding or removing names to see how it works.

John D

Thanks!