Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

get rid of AVWiz12s.dotm

Customer Question
get rid of AVWiz12s.dotm
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Programming
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Programmer: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 7 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Could you please explain your question a little bit more ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Every time I try to open a file in Microsoft Word I am told it cannot be downloades because of this file AVWiz12s.dotm. I think it was the result of downloading a Avery file. The original file was AZWIZARD but noe comes up as AVEiz12s.dotm

Ok, thank you

What Office version do you have ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Office 7 and a form of Office 10(temp download)

Ok, thank you.

That's an issue with Office 2010 beta.

If you don't want to use Office 2010 beta just uninstall it and restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

If you want to use Office 2010 beta please follow the steps below:

1- Click Start

2- Immediately type "AVWiz12s.dot" without the quotes and press the ENTER key

3- A new window will be opened with the search results

4- Right click "AVWiz12s.dot" and select "Open File Location"

5- Remove AVWiz12s.dotm (right click then delete or remove)

6- Restart your computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

7- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting
Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I don't think the problem is with Microsoft 10. It happened before I downloaded Microsoft 10.

Ok, please try my previous solution.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

It didn't work.
Programmer: Molinari, Consultant replied 7 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, Consultant

Try this,

1. From within word, select Tools > Templates and Add-Ins.
2. Disable the checkbox for the azwzrd10.dot template and any other Avery add-ins.
3. Click OK to return to Word.
4. Close Word and reopen it and see if the error is gone.

Edited by Molinari on 6/14/2010 at 5:58 PM EST
Molinari
Molinari, Consultant
I did what you said. There was a check mark beside the term, I deleted the check mark and closed the Word page but it still remained.
Ok, do a search for "AVWiz12s"by opening computer, and then C:, and in the upper right type "AVWiz12s":

graphic

Make note of the locations....

How long has this been happening?
Molinari
Molinari
Molinari, Consultant