Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

This is another lab that i need. i need it done before midnight…

Customer Question
This is another lab that...
This is another lab that i need. i need it done before midnight on sunday. I need it two different .cpp files, so if you can write one .cpp for the first exercise, and another for the second.
First Exercise:
Objective: Create a C++ Class that includes overloaded operators.

Recall from last week's lab that we designed and implemented two resistor classes. We will use our lab work from last week and enhance the base resistor class by overloading several operators. You can use the lab solution from last week as your starting point. There is no need for the fancyResistorClass so you can eliminate all of the code related to this class.

Here is what you need to do:

Create a ResistorClass overloaded assignment (=) operator function which shall do the following:
Overload the assignment operator ( = ) to assign all m_dptrRes data values of an object of class ResistorClass to another object of class ResistorClass. Remember to use deep copying.
Be sure to copy the max and min resistance values.
Copy m_sptrResName using the strcpy_s function (see lab 6 for details on the strcopy_s function).
Print the message "Overloaded Resistor Assignment = Operator Called"

Create a ResistorClass overloaded addition operator function which shall do the following:
Overload the addition operator ( + ) to perform series resistance addition of the nominal values ( m_dptrRes[0]) of two Resistor Class objects. In other words, the nominal values of the two resistor objects will be added together.
Compare the tolerance values ( m_dptrRes[1]) of two Resistor Class objects and set the tolerance equal to the larger of the two tolerance values.
Print the message "Overloaded Resistor Series Resistance Operator Called"

Create a ResistorClass overloaded logical OR operator function which shall do the following:
Overload the logical OR operator ( || ) to calculate the equivalent parallel resistance of the nominal values ( m_dptrRes[0]) of two Resistor Class objects.
The formula for calculating parallel resistance is:
NominalValue1 * NominalValue2 / (NominalValue1 + NominalValue2)
Compare the tolerance values of the two objects and set the tolerance value ( m_dptrRes[1]) equal to the larger of the two tolerance values.
Print the message "Overloaded Resistor Parallel Resistance Operator Called"
Second Exercise:
Objective: Create a program that tests each overloaded operator to ensure it works properly.

Test the ResistorClass overloaded operators by performing the following tasks:

Instantiate four ResistorClass objects: Res1, Res2, ResSeries and ResParallel
Instantiate all ResistorClass objects using the parameterized constructor.
Calculate ResSeries = Res1 + Res2
Calculate ResParallel = Res1 || Res2
Display the values of the ResSeries and ResParallel objects
End program
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/13/2010
Programmer: Kevin Bui, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Kevin Bui
Kevin Bui, Computer Software Engineer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

Can you please post the assignment file as the formatting makes it really hard to read off the forum (you can use wikisend.com). Also, the assignment mentions "We will use our lab work from last week and enhance the base resistor class by overloading several operators. You can use the lab solution from last week as your starting point." Can you post those files as well?

Thanks!

Here is the last project.

this is the exercise:

http://wikisend.com/download/939418/Exercise 1.doc

thanks

I could not access the project file. The link took me to some Assassin Creed II related video. Can you please re-upload the Resistors.zip file? Thanks!
http://wikisend.com/download/455438/Resistors.zip
Hey, i was wondering if you can get this done tonight for me? It was due a couple nights ago, so the sooner the better.

Thanks!
Hey, sorry about the delay. I didn't get a notification on the new link until today. I have uploaded the entire solution here.

Let me know if have any questions!

Regards,

Kevin
Hello, were you able to receive the file okay? Did it work for you?