Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I am an experienced Windows user. As of two weeks ago, my…

Customer Question
I am an experienced Windows...
I am an experienced Windows user.

As of two weeks ago, my Excel window (program window, not document window) has only TWO options:

Maximized
Minimized
there is no third option, which would be any user-adjustable size between these two.

To repeat in different words:

Restore Down = invisible (only in task bar) un resizable
Minimize = invisible (only in task bar), un resizeable
Maximize = Fills monitor's frame, no dragging of edges available

I am not qualified to do reg edit
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/10/2010
Programmer: John D, Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant replied 8 years ago
John D
John D, Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

Are you referring to the three small box at the top right corner of the Excel window, or to the context menu options that you get when you right click on the title bar.

Which version of Excel are you running?

Edited by John D on 6/10/2010 at 10:22 PM EST
Excel 97 SR-1

There are three ways to get to window options:
1) Boxes at top right of app. window
2) Right-clicking on top bar of app. window
3) Right-clicking on Excel menu item on the tool bar

All three produce identical results, as described in my initial question.

I hope this helps,

Eliot

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, first make sure that your excel window in not in Full Screen mode or near full screen size (this remark was suggested by one of the experts on this site - thanks John Holland). To check if it is or not, click on View from the menu and point to Full Screen. This action toggles between full screen and normal mode.

Once you are back in normal mode try resizing the Excel window by dragging its edges inward.

Let me know if Full Screen was indeed the cause of the problem. If not I would appreciate it if you could send me a screenshot of your Excel window. Thanks

Edited by John D on 6/12/2010 at 12:12 AM EST
Dear XXXXX,

Please tell me how to get my Excel app. window to a state where I can drag the window edges.

You click on the middle icon at the top right corner which has 2 overlapping squares. Or you choose Restore when you right click on the Excel title bar. If neither option is unavailable then you are already in that state. In which case drag any of the windows edges inward.

Hope this helps

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Read the question first, then answer it.

The answers all missed the actual problem - I don't get how I can make it any clearer.

Are you guys not experts, or is my question too difficult?

Did you read my message about sending a screenshot. If you do not know how to do that let me know and I'll send you the instructions

Edited by John D on 6/12/2010 at 8:20 PM EST