Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

We have a client with an access program developed by someone…

Customer Question
We have a client with...
We have a client with an access program developed by someone else. They are using windows 7 and access 2007. A user got the following message as they were trying to exit the program. The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not fine the object ‘Scripts’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
6/9/2010
Programmer: Arty, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Arty
Arty, Computer Software Engineer

That might happen that some objects are using illegal characters in their names, read this MS article for similar simptoms. That might also happen that this script/program creates such names while it is running and then you do see these messages upon exit.

Check the naming of Macros/procedures/tables/queries etc for illegal characters (it's better if they are all ascii). Tell me if you have some odd names.

Another possible reason is your .mdb file corruption. It may be physically corrupted because of failing disk, bugs in software etc.

Regards,

Arty