Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

Create a game using python programming and python code

How would you create this...
How would you create this game using python programming and python code

Basic Game Algorithm

Steps to making this game:

Game Starts when program is put into effect.

Display the Trivia game menu with title of game Title “Science Trivia”.

Prompt the user to start the game by selecting “Play”.

If “play” is selected game start menu will pop up.

Prompt the user to pick from three level settings (Beginner, Medium, Hard)

If user selects “easy” they will have 3 strikes to use during the 15 round game

There should be “3” multiple choice questions for each round for a total of 45 questions

If user selects “medium” they will have 2 strikes to use during the 15 round game

If user selects “hard” they will have 1 strike to use during the 15 round game

When user selects a level setting they will move forward to the trivia rounds

When a question is stated, the user will be prompted to answer the multiple choice question

If the user selects the right answer they will go onto the next question without losing a strike

If the user selects the wrong answer they will go onto the next question and lose a strike

When the user completes a round and hasn't used up all their strikes they will make it to the next round

Before each round of questions it should display what round you are in

If the user completes all 15 rounds and hasn't used up all their strikes the game will display “You Win”

If at any point in the game the user loses their strikes, an end message will appear "Please try again" thus looping them back to the main menu

USE THE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS FROM : http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-691.html

There is an answer key at the bottom of website... take out questions 4,13,19,46,47 .. that will make 45 questions total and 3 for each round
5/5/2010
Arty
Arty, Computer Software Engineer
When do you need this code?

Regards,
Arty
Thursday May 6 10pm
Should it be GUI?

What GUI library supposed to use (could you mention as much as possible, this may be specific to your lectures)?

If you have no any of such requirements, please let me know too.

I can write this game. What is your local time?

Regards,
Arty
Yeh Python GUI. This is a game I have to make up for class pretty much those requirements and use the questions from the website at the bottom excluding the ones i said to make up the questions for each round... Local time is Mountain time
So it is 'tkinker' library.
And no specific GUI requirements (how it should look except what you have asked for).

Ok. Just wait for results. I'll start soon.

Regards,
Arty

Edited by Arty on 5/5/2010 at 5:50 AM EST
Yeh just the game i explained operational in python gui with the code....
Hi..

Here is your code. Try it and let me know.

Regards,
Arty

Edited by Arty on 5/6/2010 at 3:22 PM EST
The above code is for Windows

if you are on Linux, change this line:

from Tkinter import *

to this

from tkinter import *

UPDATE: Here is a newer version, please use this one.

Edited by Arty on 5/6/2010 at 4:05 PM EST
Arty
Arty, Computer Software Engineer
it works.... thank you
I have a quick question. When i run the program why does it open in that little box instead of showing up in Python shell
Python can run in 2 modes.
One is interactive (with a shell) and one is execution mode (without shell prompt).

When you specify script name it starts in execution mode (without shell prompt).
If you need to run this program from shell, go to the game directory, run 'python', then input the following:

import trivia

this should start the game

Regards,
Arty
Arty
Arty
Arty, Computer Software Engineer