Programming

Programming questions? Ask a programmer for answers ASAP

I just uploaded a new site in Dreamweaver. My problem is…

I just uploaded a new...
I just uploaded a new site in Dreamweaver. My problem is that it displays fine in Safari on a Mac but in IE on a PC there is a large space to the right of the agent picture and info. I've tried everything but this is the first site I've done in Dreamweaver. I've previously used Front Page. Can you give me the code to fix this? The site is up at www.ourremarket.com/jweichold.htm I'm pasting in the code below.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Monthly Market Trends Update

<!--
body, td, th {
font-family: verdana;
font-size: 10px;
color: #000000;
}
body background-color: OOOOOO;
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
}
.text1 {
1/13/2010
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer

Please put all the pages into one zipped folder and upload it to www.rapidshare.com or www.wiksiend.com

There is just one page. There are links to other pages but they are fine. I just have the one question about the space next to the agent picture on that one page as it displays in IE on a PC.

Ok.

I am on my laptop now.

Adobe dreaweaver is not installed at present in my PC.I had to format my PC yesterday.

I will install it and i will definitely find a positive solution and get back to you within the next 2 to 3 hrs..

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay Judy.I was completely busy with my projects.

I have figured out the problem.

somewhat 12 lines from the body tag you will find

td width="161" align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#EDEDED" class="brder"

just make width="25%"

more 30 lines down you will find

width="523" height="120" colspan="3" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="brder"

just make width="75%"

Hope this helps.

it displays fine now in IE but now it is totally screwed up when viewing on a Mac in Safari! The cell where the agent picture and info is way too wide on the Mac and the text on the right side it very small.
I'm going to have to switch back to the original since this is totally unacceptable.
So you have the ability to view it on a Mac?

can you provide me a screenshot of how it was looking in mac.

actually i have windows.

i will be downloading the safari browser and let you know.

there is no issues in os.Only browser compartibility issues.

i will let you know after making some changes.

Thanks. I'll be uploading the file with the changes you made shortly and I'll send you a screen shot.
Judy

Ok.

just make width="174 px" or width="161 px"

more 30 lines down you will find

just make width="75%"

i have tested in safari and now it works fine for all the browsers(IE,Mozilla,Safari).

Test it and let me know.

lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Sorry, still not working. Same problem. Look here to see in Safari:
www.ourremarket.com/jdickey.htm
Should both widths you noted be included "just make width="174 px" or width="161 px" or just one. I've tried both and then one. Still doesn't work. Can you send me a copy of the code you used?
Thanks.
Judy
Hi, sorry, my mistake. For some reason it wasn't recording the changes i had made. It looks good now. Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate your efforts.
Judy

Thanks for the payment.

i also faced the similar problem yesterday.so i opened up in notepad removed some lines with <-- !> and then edited in dreamweaver.

if you face any problem in future let me know.

Thanks and Regards

You're welcome. Thanks again.
Judy