Programming

Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP

Programming

how do I add or increase my prices by 15% on an excel spreadsheet

Customer Question
how do I add or...
how do I add or increase my prices by 15% on an excel speadsheet? What are the exact step to entering the correct formula to increase my price list by 15%
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Programming
7/8/2009
Programmer: Jacob, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Jacob
Jacob, Computer Software Engineer
I have uploaded a sample excel spreadsheet in the link below.
http://rapidshare.com/files/253296875/Add15Percent.xls.html
You can download it and check how it is done.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do press the accept button and also leave me a positive feedback and if you are very happy,and a bonus is highly appreciated.
Any more doubts, please feel free to contact me...
Thanks & Regards,
Jacob
Hi nick,
Consider also this...
Say if you want to add 15 percent to the value in column C and put it into column D,
1. Select Cell D1.
2. Type the following in the first Cellof column D =C1*1.15
3. Type the following into the second cell of column D =C2*1.15
4. Select both the columns.
5. Drag it till the row you need in column D.
6. You can see that the the column D will have (column C value) +(15 percent of (value in clumn C))
If I have answered your question please press the accept button and leave a positive feedback....
A bonus is highly appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Jacob.
No I just want to increase colum C by 15% I do not want an additional colum Keep in mind I dont have any excel experience my number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
I dont understand . How can I add 15 % to the entire colum the speadsheet has thousand of figures I cannot drag. and I dont need an additional colum I am simply trying to increase prices in one colum by 15%
Hi Nik,
I understand. I will be sending you an excel file and the steps you need to follow to accomplish this....
Thanks & Regards,
Jacob
Hi nik,
Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the file to be changed and the Column to increase the value so that I will change the needy and send you back. You can upload it in rapidshare.com and send link by just answer.. You might get confused otherways..
Thanks & Regards,
Jacob
can u call me
Hi Nik,
we are now in different timezones and in different countries, so it might be a little tough calling....You can Trust me..If you could send me the Excel file, it would be solved easily. If you have problems with sending the file, I will send you a very detailed instruction which might take me some time to make as the data to be changed is sensitive. Only thing is before changing the file, proper backup should be taken....
Thanks & Regards,
Jacob
http://rapidshare.com/files/253369790/UTS_LKO_1_OF_4.zip.html
i sent u1 of 4 there is still 2 of 4, 3 of 4 and4of 4.
i can pay idividually for each speadsheet that you increase price colum by 15%
Hi nik,
I have uploaded the first file.....You can collect it from rapidshare.net. The URl is http://rapidshare.com/files/253396591/1of1.csv.html
Once you have the file, you can delete the file uploaded by using the following link.
http://rapidshare.com/files/253396591/1of1.csv.html?killcode=6921521945728661604
You must delete it as the data is sensitive.
Thanks & Regards,
Jacob

-------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with the answer, please press the Accept button and leave me a positive feedback. A bonus is highly appreciated.
Jacob thank your the best I went to the url but im not sure how to collect file?
Do I have to pay to retrive the file
Hi nik,
Thats not a problem....Follow the steps below to collect the file....You dont have to pay to retrieve the file...

the tutorial for downlioading files from rapid share.

Click on the link below. This is the link that contains the .csv file.
http://rapidshare.com/files/253396591/1of1.csv.html

STEP 1.
When you reach the page, click on the button as shown in diagram.
graphic
View Full Image

STEP 2:
Click on the download button as shown in the diagram below.
graphic
View Full Image

You will now get a message asking you to save the file on to your disk..
You can save the file.
Thanks & Regards
Jacob
Hope this has helped you...You need more help, please feel free to contact me...
Regards,
jacob
Nick,

You can upload the other 3 files in rapidshare.net...Also do send me the delete link so that I would delete the file after Use, as even others can view the same file.
If the result you got is not what you intended, feel free to contact me....

Thanks & regards,
Jacob Sebastian..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with my answer, please press the AcceptSmile button and leave a positive feedbackLaughing. A bonusMoney mouth is highly appreciated...
Hi Nick,
Did it work for you?
Regards,
Jacob
Can I have a reason why you did not accept my answer?
Regards,
Jacob
Jacob
Jacob
Jacob, Computer Software Engineer