Ricky - Expert Tech
Ricky - Expert Tech, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

I have a linksys wireless router I am trying to pair with a

Customer Question

I have a linksys wireless router I am trying to pair with a meraki device. Is that possible?
JA: What's the model of your Linksys router?
Customer: Wrt54g v5
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Connecting the two with a USB and powering each on and off. I'm not good at this stuff
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ricky - Expert Tech replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is Ricky and I will do my best to help you today. What type of Meraki device are you using?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Mx64

Okay, that device will need to be connected by ethernet, not USB. You can find the setup instructions here: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Installation_Guides/MX64_Installation_Guide

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok I cant do that, there is only one ethernet cable port on it, and that has to hook to my modem for work

Are you sure you have an MX64? That should have 4 ethernet ports.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ur right there r, I'm sorry. Continue. I was confusing ethernet with usb. I suck at this stuff

Okay, plug the modem into the MX64, then use an ethernet cord to connect the MX64 to the internet port on the router.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Now what?

Once you've done that you should be able to connect to your wifi network as normal.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's not working

This is a very complex device - please go through all of the setup instructions here: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Installation_Guides/MX64_Installation_Guide

Typically these devices are used for businesses that need extra security rather than home networks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The meraki is fine, I finally got it to show the white light, that days it is working. I got it to work with my ahava work phone, so I k ow it is functioning properly
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just cant seem to get it to connect to the linksys to give internet to anything else
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Should I resent the linksys?

It seems the MX64 should have wireless capability and should not need the Linksys at all. Please disconnect the Linksys and see if you are getting a wireless signal from the Meraki.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Nothing

Okay, in that case I recommend calling Cisco Meraki directly at 1 (415) 937-6671 as I only have access to the documentation I sent.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Tha k u

You're welcome