hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techician since 2007
40928634

Plugged in booster, connected boosted to my router with lan

Customer Question

plugged in booster, connected boosted to my router with lan cable. typed in http//192.168.10.1 as per instructions, browser reply cannot reach page. Went to booster web site my booster did not come up on their search and I could not log in to admin
JA: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: never
JA: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: i am on it right now, connected. when i connect booster on network console it kicks my connection to my router off
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 5 months ago.

Hello we will need the make & model of your booster please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wireless n repeater from smart new trends, no model number on unit or paperwork
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no

Thank you ok what is probably happening is that your computer you are using the browser on is connected to a different network than the booster is using.
Is the router already Wifi?
What is the website for the booster?

If you plug the computer into the booster and then try the http//192.168.10.1 can you access the admin page?

If this is an access point then you will connect the booster to the router however if an extender then you connect the booster to the computer.