Networking

I’m trying to set up a router and I’m having difficulties.

Customer Question
I’m trying to set...

I’m trying to set up a router and I’m having difficulties. Says I don’t gave.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Have a router. Net gear is the router

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Following the... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Have a router. Net gear is the router

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Following the instructions in the box lol I’m so sorry

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I want it mainly for phones

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
12/23/2018
Network Technician: bbao, System Administrator replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, System Administrator

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today.

What's the specific difficulty to set up your router? What you mean by "says I don't gave"?

Can you please upload a few screenshots showing what problems you have observed or what specific error message you see when setting up or connecting to the router?

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I can't get my net gear to connect to my t.v. R6700. Setting
Setting up the network and putting in my password. It shows the network on my t.v. But it won't connect … read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
I need to change my router password. Nave not changed it has
My computer is down frozen apps on win won't come up, I'm on my Samsung tablet to the same need gear WiFi … read more
AAS Information Technology
Will a net gear wireless ac adapter work on a Samsung tv to
Will a net gear wireless ac adapter work on a Samsung tv to connect to the WiFi ?? … read more
Certified Networking Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I just got a notice that my netgear router was being
I just got a notice that my netgear router was being attacked … read more
AAS Information Technology
I was using net-gear but could not get customer support. I
I was using net-gear but could not get customer support. I am now using spectrum. I had Netflix usage on my tv. After the change I can not get netflix on tv. I've called spectrum, Vizio and Netflix. c… read more
I am trying to set up my new iphone SE and need my net gear
I am trying to set up my new iphone SE and need my net gear password. The one I have written down does not work. Help, please!!! … read more
It Support Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Have a lock light on my Net g : lock light on my Net Gear
Have a green lock light on my Netg JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks an… read more
AAS Information Technology
i have a net gear router that does not work i have not had
i have a net gear router that does not work i have not had it year yet i have a phone that is hooked up to it now my phone does not work what am i suppose to do… read more
AAS Information Technology
I am trying to using a net gear R6300 as my wireless router,
I am trying to using a net gear R6300 as my wireless router, and time capsule as a repeater. The net gear manual says I have to turn DHCP off on my TC. When I try to do that, the setting never "sticks… read more
Retired,
I have an older Net Gear router that apparently isnt working.
I have an older Net Gear router that apparently isn't working. I can not connect our I phones or Kindle all of a sudden. The power light is on solid but the internet and wireless lights blink continou… read more
IT Manager,
i have just bought a net gear n600 and i cant get online i
i have just bought a net gear n600 and i can't get online i have followed the instructions but no luck i have a iMac once i connected the router i then go to network. 2 networks come up net gear and n… read more
David L
David L
I just got a new ipad and I dont remember my password XXXXX I
I just got a new ipad and I don't remember my password XXXXX I can connect to the internet. How do I get it?… read more
sandy
sandy
Technical Specialist,
B.Tech
Stop searching for answers—
I have WPN824V3 Net Gear Router - Cannot access My Droid 2
I have WPN824V3 Net Gear Router - Cannot access My Droid 2 phones or a Kindle to the WiFi.… read more
Networking Guru
Networking Guru
Network Support Specialist,
Im having trouble between my router and my wireless bridge
Im having trouble between my router and my wireless bridge Direct TV was just here and they say the IP address is not the normal numbers and that my tuner and wireless bridge are having difficulty rec… read more
Kevin
Kevin
LAN/WAN Specialist,
sony bluray BDP S570 TRYING TO SET WIRE-LESS WITH NE
sony bluray BDP S570 TRYING TO SET WIRE-LESS WITH NET GEAR ROUTER QUESTION HOW DO I FIND "NETWORK SETTINGS" THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE [email protected]… read more
Network Advisor
Network Advisor
Network Administrator,
I am trying to connect the net gear WPN824v3 I had a previous
I am trying to connect the net gear WPN824v3 I had a previous net gear router. I could not get on the internet with my land line and called comcast cable that after about 20 minutes was able to. I fol… read more
Engineer Lee
Engineer Lee
IT Technical Engineer,
I have an I-tunes library on my compute. Im trying to connect
I have an I-tunes library on my compute. I'm trying to connect it wirelessly to my stereo system in another room. I have a cable modem on my computer and use a Netgear WPN824v3 wireless access point t… read more
Andy Kalita
Andy Kalita
Clearing Systems Analyst,