Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Have forgotten password for internet wifi. Created password…

Have forgotten password *****...

Have forgotten password ***** internet wifi

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Created password ***** I joined iPrimus in April

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Laptop

7/11/2018
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
HUAWEI Model HG659 Apple MacBook

Thank you for replying back.

Solution #1:

- Do you see any passphrase / key / password ***** at the back / bottom of your Huawei HG659 modem device? If yes, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please do the following steps on your wireless Mac computer in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** your wireless Mac computer:

1. On your wireless Mac computer, open Finder (which is the smiley face icon near the bottom left of your computer's screen), then click on Applications.
    ; (If needed, open any folder (or click on any blank space on the Desktop screen), then click on the Go menu at the very top, then click on option Applications.)
  2. Open folder Utilities.
  3. Open the item Keychain Access.
  4. If needed, select option System under Keychains column on the left.
  5. If needed, select option Password (or All Items) under Category on the left.
    - Then you will see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password; scroll down first if needed.)
  6. Double-click on your network name in order to open it.
  7. Click on the small box in front of the option Show password at the bottom.
  8. Enter your Mac computer administrator's password, and press the Return key (or click on Allow). (If you don't have a computer's password, just leave it blank and press the Return key.)
  9. Then you will see the password ***** the box on the right of "Network security key". That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

- Does any of the two solutions above work? Who's your Internet service provider? Please let me know, so I can provide a third solution as needed.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
iprimus

Have you tried the two solutions above? Are you stuck at any step?

Solution #3:

1. Click on the website below:
    http://192.168.1.1
  2. If prompted, enter admin for the username and enter admin for the password, then OK / login.
    - (If needed, enter user for the username and enter HuaweiUser for the password (it is case-sensitive), then OK / login.)
    - (If needed, check if there is any admin / username located at the back / bottom of your Huawei HG659 modem.)
  3. Then there, go to the option Home Network.
  4. Then option WLAN Settings, (or Wi-Fi / Wireless, etc.)
  5. Then option WLAN Encryption. (or security, etc.)
  6. Then there, check if the passphrase / key / password ***** ***** there. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

- Please let me know if you are stuck at any step with all my 3 solutions above.

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
The default login password ***** be found in the device Quick Start where do I find Quick Start

The internet modern Quick Start was given to you from your internet service provider, iPrimus, previously.

- Do you see any SSID / network name / Wi-Fi / Wireless / security / WPA / WEP key / passphrase / password ***** at the back / bottom of your Huawei HG659 modern device?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
I have just noticed on the back of modem in small print username: admin & password: [email protected] this could possibly be what I have been looking for will try this

Yes, please try that. If it

1. Click on the website below:
    http://192.168.1.1
  2. When prompted, please use the admin user name and password ***** the back / bottom of your modem, and then log in / OK.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
That worked. Thank you so much for your help

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.