Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

I purchased this router from one of your technicians. I

Customer Question

Hello. My name is***** purchased this router from one of your technicians. I installed my new AC1750MU-MIMO Gigabit router, Model #EA7300 Serial #19T10S04805935 on 6/26/18. I lost connect with the internet. The white LINKSYS logo on the front of the router was constantly blinking. I contacted the cable to see if there was anything wrong with my internet connection from them, unplugged from router and connected to computer and had internet. Reset this 3 times back to new router no internet connection. Couldn't find the router in computer system. Reconnected my old router, this is how I am able to utilize the internet. Do I need to send this router back or what is your suggestions?
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: yes, I am using my old router.
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your AC1750MU-MIMO router?
Customer: That router will not work. The white lights are constantly flickering. I couldn't access the internet with the new one so I'm using my old Linksys router.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will see if he needs more info, thanks.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Robin,

If the Linksys light is blinking then it is not detecting an internet connection.

If everything has been connected up correctly as per the installation instructions but it still blinks, then test it on another internet connection first.

If it continues to blink then it has a fault and should be returned.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------