Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My grandson is trying to set me up with a lap top and he…

Customer Question
My grandson is trying...

My grandson is trying to set me up with a lap top and he said I need to call you and get a wireless modem. how do I do this? Iris Campbell

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

All are solid except the second from the bottom which is blinking.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
6/6/2018
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I will be the technician working with you today.

The wireless password ***** ***** to your wireless modem/router. I can give you the instructions on how to recover the wireless password, but first I need to know the brand and model name of your wireless modem/router.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

If you would like remote support, select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support, you may ignore the prompt.

I don't have a wireless modem. I'm asking how do I get one as advised that's what I need for the new lap top.

Thank you for the clarification. May I ask for the brand and model name of your current Internet modem?

let's discontinue this conversation until I have someone here who knows what's going on. I didn't know it would be so complicated. Iris'
let's disconnect now.
let's disconnect now please

It will not be that difficult. I am asking for you to look at the modem and tell me what words are on it.

let's disconnect now
bye

Farewell