Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Love my orbi...works great. Question...If I connct the orbi…

Customer Question
Love my orbi...works great ...

Love my orbi...works great

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Question...If I connct the orbi router to orbi sattelite with a cat 5 patch cable will it work the same as if they were wireless???

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Havent tried yet. the reason im asking is we have another home where the router is in a seperate metal building (shipping container) that we have set up as an office. the steel construction prevents interferes with wifi signals, So we have run a patch cqat 5 cable to out main home some 50 feet away where I have setup main/slave older routers (lan to lan systems to bring internet acces to the house. Im tires of having to configure each time a router goes out...so if I attach a cat 5 between orbi router adn sattelite...will it work?????

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing eolse

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
have tv and lap top connecting to sattelite via cat 5
need wired ports on sattelite
have been using full router in metal office bldng with older seondary slave router with dhcp turned off in house providing access
6/5/2018
Network Technician: Harry, CCIE replied 2 months ago
Harry, CCIE

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I think I found answer. Orbi will work w Ethernet connected between sat and orbi router...with firmware update. Can you confirm
Your long delay w out answering question dissuades me from using this on future. Waste of 5$ so far...

Great to hear!