Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just attached a new wifi to my computer. My computer

Customer Question
I just attached a...

I just attached a new wifi to my computer. My computer states the wifi is working and secure. I am trying to use my Ipad (two of them) to bring up Township but nothing is happening. I have checked my settings on my Ipad and it says it is connected to the wifi "Neatgear" but nothing is coming up.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

The router is made by netgear and my computer and my two ipads are supposed to connect to it. My modem is also a netgear.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your NETGEAR router or your Apple?

I have tried powering it down, waiting and powering it back up. I have checked all attachments to make sure that the internet is attached to the correct place and the ehternet is attached to the correct place. My computer say that the wifi is both secure and on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Connect me to what?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2018
Network Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings
then test again

It's rebooting right now. Why did I have to pay $5 to have this fixed?
Nothing is happening. It won't come up on my Ipad

we charge for our services.

Call me at ***-***-****-0 please

No, I just want it fixed
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech. I do live online support. I will fix this issue for you.

- On your iPad, when you open the Settings app icon, then select option Wi-Fi, then there, make sure you connect it to your new Netgear router's correct Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and check. Does it ask for a password?

- What happens when you open the Safari app icon on your iPad, then go to the google.com or yahoo.com website there?
- Also, do have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.