Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Not able to connect to internet using my Neatgear router…

Customer Question
Not able to connect...

Not able to connect to internet using my Neatgear router AC1200 - can connect directly to computer and I have service

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Not sure what you mean -my son set this up as I am not very computer literate!

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your AC1200 router?

Right now the 1st, 2nd, and 4th - I have my internet going directly to computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
6/4/2018
Network Technician: John Castle, System Administrator replied 2 months ago
John Castle
John Castle, System Administrator

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you.

Can you tell me how it is set-up?

Internet cord connected to modem and router ; have two computers - each connected to router
do not want to remotely connect for the fee - sorry
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

What is the model number of your router?

Model R6120
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Thank you, ***** *****

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

The WiFi LED right next to the power is that lit up green?

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Windows 10
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Press the Windows key and R, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.

Right click on the ethernet adapter and select Status.

Click the Details... button.

This will open the Network Connection Details window.

Let me know the ipv4 address and IPV4 default gateway.

I am sorry but I have a commitment I need to leave for - can we finish up in morning?
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Write back to me when you're available.

If am online I'll definitely reply.

will be in morning (4:30pm CST now) Thanks
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

I'll be online from 830 AM CST