Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I want to update the firmware on my EA6300 Router. Can you…

Customer Question
I want to update...

I want to update the firmware on my EA6300 Router. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your EA6300 network?

It is my whole house Wi Fi and we connect to computers, two smart phones and two Ipdas

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your router?

Nothing yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just have been told I should update the firmware and have no idea what to do

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
6/4/2018
Network Technician: Satchi, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.

You can download the firmware from below.

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148392

Then to load this firmware to the router please follow the steps in the below link

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=140365

Thanks

Satchi

I thought I would just see if the auto update was turned on, which would solve my issue. Now Linksys system is down, so I will have to try later

Okay no problem.

Good Luck