Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Ive been trying to set up my r7000 as a repeater as my

Customer Question
Ive been trying to...

Ive been trying to set up my r7000 as a repeater as my nighthawk x6 is the main router but with no success. it seems like they hate each other

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

Netgear makes the r7000 and my x6, im on a lenovo yoga 7201kb

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Everything ive read for the last two weeks online. they all basically say the same but i cant figure it out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Yea, this lennovo sometimes has problems with the two usb ports, 3.0,3.1 k

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Network Technician: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello please tell us "what they say" so we can avoid the try this done that session

i dont understand

Sorry what do mean that you say is the same about what to do to fix the problem?

im sorry, but i dont understand your english at all
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer
What have you tried so far?
setting my secondary or slave as a repeater, changed wireless settings, on main router i reserved the slave, basically what i usually do. ive just never linked two netgears together

Hello sorry I wasn't very clear before in my questioning.

Here is your manual click me

Please look at pgs 142 & 143 which I've uploaded below

Please follow the steps shown and tell me where you trip up.

You will need the LAN IP address of the base station and also the base station wireless MAC address. These should be listed on the label on the bottom of the base station.

For instance if the LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1, you must set a LAN IP address for the r7000 of something else say 192.168.1.200

Let me know how you go.