Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My internet works with my cell phones but not my lap tops. I…

Customer Question
My internet works with...

My internet works with my cell phones but not my lap tops

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I don’t know could my router be hacked

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Three green lights

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
5/29/2018
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I will be the technician working with you today.

Has the router worked in the past or is this a new installation?

If you would like remote support, select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support, you may ignore the prompt.

The router has been working for over 2 years. I have no idea what remote support is. Why would I want to use it?

Remote support would allow me to remotely connect and fix the problem. You may ignore that offer for now.

Have you unplugged the power to the router for at least 15 seconds and plugged it back in since this problem started? Please, do that now and report back with the status of your problem.

Thank you