Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We just had a new internet service provider install a

Customer Question
We just had a...

We just had a new internet service provider install a TRENDnet router on our home system. We were supposed to be going from 1.9 Mbps to 25 Mbps. We have 5 devices that use the router, 2 I-Phones, 2 I-Pads and an IGM Samsung laptop. After installation, some of the I-phones and I-pads lose the internet connection. We also have some connectivity problems with using the devices one floor down from the floor the router is located on. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes, but we use the devices away from the router, so not sure how that will help. There does not appear to be any problem between the laptop and the router, which are co-located in the same room.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Power light is on steady. The WLAN and WAN lights are on but flicker intermittently. The WPS light is not on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is about it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
5/29/2018
Network Technician: Harry, CCIE replied 2 months ago
Harry, CCIE

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No, we sorted the problem out but thanks anyway