Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Should the 5G light be blinking on my 6300 modem. Netgear. I…

Customer Question
Should the 5G light...

Should the 5G light be blinking on my 6300 modem

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I am not able get a wifi signal. My cable network tested my signal and they said there are no issues.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
5/29/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.