Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

The fbi is asking people to reset their routers. I have a…

Customer Question
The fbi is asking...

The fbi is asking people to reset their routers. I have a Lynxsys EA6300 router. should I just leave the router on and press the red reset button?

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your EA6300 network?

Two computers, a printer, and a Roku device

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your router?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just whether I should turn off the router before I use a small pen to press the red reset button

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
5/28/2018
Network Technician: Wes, Consultant replied 2 months ago
Wes
Wes, Consultant

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. The FBI recommendation was to reboot your router, not reset it to factory.

Turn it off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on and you're good to go. Be on the lookout for any updated firmware from Cisco-Linksys here: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148392

As of the moment I'm writing this, I did not see any recent firmware releases for this router.

Providing you with this answer does not end our interaction. If it answers your question and you require no further assistance, please rate me with 5 stars before you leave. Keep in mind you are rating me, and the assistance I have provided you and not the JustAnswer website as a whole. If you need more advice on this issue, simply reply back. I'll be here.