Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I’m trying to find the MAC address on my smart tv. Iptv.

Customer Question
Hi I’m trying to...

Hi I’m trying to find the MAC address on my smart tv

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Iptv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Trying to get this set up but need the MAC address for the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No mam

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
5/28/2018
Network Technician: William Harder, System Administrator replied 2 months ago
William Harder
William Harder, System Administrator

Hello.

The Mac address of any device should be on a sticker behind the device. Please note that a device like this will potentially have two Mac addresses, one for a wire/Ethernet cable and another for wireless.

If you know what the IP of the TV is, you can use a computer and ping the device and then finding the Mac address:

Start - Cmd

Ping IPADDRESS

arp -a

If this doesn't work, please provide additional information.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. This should resolve your request. Also, please provide a

positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work. A tip is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

MCSE - Server Infrastructure

MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

MCSA - Server 2012