Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Comcast "upgraded" me to a DPC3941T. It keeps disconnecting…

Customer Question
Comcast "upgraded" me to...

Comcast "upgraded" me to a DPC3941T. It keeps disconnecting from the internet. The 2.4 and 5 indicator lights keep flashing. Is that supposed to be happening?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

The router is part of a gateway router/modem. I'm connecting to my desktop HP Pavilion p7-1240 PC. It has a built in modem that doesn't receive the 5 band.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Gateway router or your HP?

Had a comcast technician here. He checked wires, had Comcast send signals to re register the Gateway.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm getting the 5 signal on my smartphone and Kindle 10

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
5/28/2018
Network Technician: Harry, CCIE replied 2 months ago
Harry, CCIE

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Still need help.
Rather not have you connect.

No, it is not.

Have you contacted Comcast again?

not since tech visited
Should the 2.4 and 5 wireless lights on gateway modem/router be blinking all the time?

Please contact them for a new box or a tech visit

OK

Thank you