Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have no internet connection says I have the wrong address.

Customer Question
Hi I have no...

Hi I have no internet connection says I have the wrong address. I have been on for years

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell computer windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Inspiron

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes this just happened two days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am an old man not savvy

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Networking
5/27/2018
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 21 days ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer / network question.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No Internet access for two days

I suggest that you restart the computer, if you have not already, and see whether that helps the internet connection to work fully.

"Wrong address" could mean any of several things - but it depends upon what or which address is wrong: the DNS address(es), or the IP Address for the computer, or the Default Gateway IP Address, etc.

So please try a restart, after that note the failure message details.

What sort of internet service is it that has failed? cable internet, satellite internet, internet over a phone line (ADSL/DSL) ?

After that... please tell me in Reply, what the full and exact error message, about the internet connection, reads, and what logo is associated with it, e.g. yellow triangle and exclamation point, or X over icon, or similar appearance. And I will recommend further measures for you to try, to cure the problem.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How can you connect I have access
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No access
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What the hell?

True, Secure Remote assistance does not apply readily to a no-internet case.

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Cancel it all.
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 20 days ago

OK - Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I need a refund. You did nothing

I have passed your refund request to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com - they ought to handle it with reasonable promptness. Thank you for trying JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Internet and LAN