Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I lost wireless connection last night. i put in the password…

Customer Question
I lost wireless connection...

I lost wireless connection last night. i put in the password ***** times , no suscess.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Linksys

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Linksys router?

E1200

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Retyping password ***** all connections shown

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Every thing was ok until yesterday

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Networking
5/26/2018
Network Technician: GeekGal, Network Administrator replied 23 days ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

What device are you trying to connect to your wifi router? Are any other devices successfully connected? Let's begin troubleshooting by powering off your Netgear router. Remove the power cord from the back of the device, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. Allow a full two minutes for the Netgear device to fully reboot and re-establish connections. While you're waiting for it to reboot, please restart the device that you are trying to connect. After the modem has fully rebooted, please try again to connect and let me know the results. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
magnavox tv

Thank you for that information. Please power off the TV and then proceed with powering off your off your Netgear wifi router. Unplug the power cord from the back of the device, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. Allow a full two minutes for the Netgear device to fully reboot and re-establish connections. When it has fully rebooted, please power your television back on and try to connect again. Please keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i cut power, retyped password, still no connection
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
still there?

I am here. I apologie for the delay. I was assisting a customer who had a followup question. Please take a look at the lights on the front of the Netgear Router, There should be one named internet. What color is that light? Is it solid or flashing? Are any other devices such as computers or cell phones able to connect through the Netgear?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
all lights are green except link , which flashes yellow
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
the tablet doesn't connect

Thank you for that information. That tells me that you are going to need to call your internet service provider. It doesn't sound like the Netgear router has an active internet connection. Please be sure to tell them when you call that you have already powered off the modem and restarted it and that you have 2 devices, the tv and the tablet, that will not connect. That should save quite a bit of troubleshooting time. They will probably have to send someone out for a repair.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.

If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!