Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My WiFi is working but it says I can’t connect to server.

Customer Question
My WiFi is working...

My WiFi is working but it says I can’t connect to server

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Red

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.
If your computer cannot connect to the Internet through your local wireless network and if the network was recently working, the issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.