Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I don't remember password to WiFi. I never changed it. No I…

Customer Question
I don't remember password...

I don't remember password ***** WiFi

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I never changed it

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

No I am on my Android

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No I appreciate your help

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Networking
5/2/2018
Network Technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 25 days ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

There are two ways on how you can identify the password ***** your WiFi.

(1) Connect your laptop to your router directly using a LAN cable

(2) Resetting your router back to factory defaults, so it will use the credentials that was provided in the router itself

Using the first option, connecting your laptop to the router, would still require you to login a credential like username and password.

Using the second option, you will just need to acquire the default WiFi password. To reset the router back to factory reset, you need to press and hold the reset button for at least 5 to 10 seconds. It usually depends on the model and brand of your router.

Thank you.
Domijones

Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator