Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a verbatim media share 5356 with a factory default…

I have a verbatim...

I have a verbatim media share 5356 with a factory default password ***** I can not read it off of the case. Is there a way to access. The Sd card can be read on my computer but I got it for convenience

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes but no longer have either machine so no automautomatic recognition

4/26/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Still need a default password ***** use product
Using phone so not a good idea to connect just need a default password.

Please ignore the offers for remote assistance - they are automated messages from the Just Answer system and are not from me.

The Verbatim MediaShare does not feature a default password, but rather a username and password ***** is setup when the system is initialized. So to resolve the issue you need to reset the system to clear the settings and then run the CD setup disc that came with the Verbatim MediaShare system to setup a new username and password. To reset do the following:

Push the reset button on the back of your MediaShare for at least 10 seconds or more.

Release the reset button and the MediaShare will be reset.

Use MediaShare Installation CD to run setup and rename the server and setup username, password.

If you need more detailed instructions or do not have the CD just let me know.

If the unit came with a setup CD I would have been away with the races. It relies heavily on being able to read the 8 digit password (a mix of numbers and letters) found on the unit. Got no joy from verbatim....ie no reply. And couldn't read it thought you might have access to set up . Nothing on online manual except password ***** on unit. If I wasn't stubborn I'd like to add it to the landfill and tell verbatim what do do with their nonexistent support.
Was able to finally resolve issue on my own. Password ***** 8 characters. Consisted of 5 numbers 2 characters and 1 number. Verbatim support did not reply even though the password ***** a factory default. Zero support. Thanks for your suggestions! I am sure you deal with many end users that didn't take the steps you suggested before looking for assistance. Go back to assisting others. Unfortunately at this time your help wasn't worth the cost to Ma at this time. This isn't a reflection on you.

Thanks for letting me know and glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Please remember to rate the service.

Thank You and Best Regards,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer