Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am unable to connect to wi fi network. How do i get my…

I am unable to...

I am unable to connect to wi fi network

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

No

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

How do i get my network name?

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/23/2018
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
It's a linksys12076
All my other readers work; this is a new one I am trying to register

Thank you. First, do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

I am unable to find network name so I can put password ***** Kindle
I haave an Asus computer

Please press and hold the Power on / off button / switch on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back and check.

- When you go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option on the Kindle, does it show a list of network name(s)? Or is it blank?

It shows 2 wi fi networks

Is one of the 2 WiFi network names yours? If yes, select your WiFi network name, then what does it show next?

It asks for a password ***** I do not remember

On your Asus computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can retrieve your internet modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** through your computer for you:

https://tinyurl.com/y8ysxexg
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y8ysxexg
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.