Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to register my new kindle but having a problem.

I am trying to...

I am trying to register my new kindle but having a problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I went to linksys smart wi fi tools

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

They are asking for a guest password

4/22/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

The wireless password ***** ***** to your wireless modem/router. I can give you the instructions on how to recover the wireless password, but first I need to know the brand and model name of your wireless modem/router.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

not sure which is router....linksys or arris

Do you have any computers connected to the Linksys router either wireless or with a network cable?

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
windows 10 , please connect

Please do the following steps on your computer in order to retrieve your internet modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** through your computer:

1. On the Windows computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Please let me know. Thank you.