Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to load a wireless n dual band router on a

I am trying to...

I am trying to load a wireless n dual band router on a lenovo all in one computer and the computer won't load the router. I have tried all the usb ports. and I have tried two exactly same routers. Windows 7 is on the computer

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I don't know I don't have one. We have wireless

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

My other computer connects with this router in my office. It has been working fine - just won't work with this computer. Do I need something different? It's not the router - it's getting the netgear installed in the new computer - it won't load.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's all

4/21/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Do you mean you are just trying to connect the new computer to the wifi network that is being broadcast from the Netgear router to get on the Internet?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I am trying to install the adapter on a new computer to get the internet. I have tried two identical adapters and the computer will not install them. The adapters work on other computers.

Thanks for the update. Is this a USB wifi adapter that you are installing? What is the brand and model of the wifi adapter you are trying to install on the Windows 7 computer?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

It is a Netgear Wireless-N Dual Band

Yes, but what is the specific model, so I can check on a compatible driver for you? There are several versions of this wifi adapter. Look on the adapter itself.

WINDA3100v3

Do you know the release number of the software you are trying to install it with?

Windows Professional Copyright 2009

Click on this link to reach the download page. Next click on downloads and then under current versions, click the + sign and download the software. Once download completes, run the software and follow the prompts.

Link: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDA3100v3.aspx#Software%20Version%201.0.0.10%20(Supports%20Win10)

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Thanks for trying to help. I'll go to Staples and ask them

Did you follow the instructions? What were the results? Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I have resolved my issue by going to Staples and asking one of the technical people there. The problem was that I had to load the software onto my computer and then it would work. I was using the same wireless adapter from my other computer, but did not have the software on the computer.

Yes, that is the software I sent to you. I am glad it worked.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer