Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

How do I get symbols and numbers on keypad? can't enter wifi…

How do I get...

How do I get symbols and numbers on keypad? can't enter wifi password ***** them.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Its nrew

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Not sure

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/18/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

On which device are you entering the wifi password?

wf-2630

On that screen, do you see a button that has abc or 123 on it? If so, touch that. That will change it for you.

Or are you entering the password ***** pressing up and down? If so, just continue pressing up or down until it cycles to symbols.

No just answer my question

I don't understand. I answered you question. Did you follow those instructions?

display has a phone type keypad, I get letters by pressing a key repeatedly, my pw has a symbol and a # in it, but the # key on pad doesnt take, and rhere;s no shift key to get numbers
there is no button with abs/123

Okay, you know how you get the letters by repeatedly pressing the keys? You get the symbols the same way, just press the keys more times.

pressing lfetter kfeys just recycles the letters on that key, pressing # key many times geta me nothing

What happens when you tap the * key?

Nothing

What happens when you repeatedly press the UP or DOWN key?

gives blank, * Up n down arros do shift . Entered pw, but done option only shoed for brief seconds, now I have to start over
Very frustrating,
Also, Display needs a setting for Print. not just copy scan or fax

What happens if you press and hold some of the keys down?

Entered pw correctly, still failed.

You were able to enter the symbols, but it still failed to connect?

Entered pw correctly uc/lc # symbol and numeric, still failed

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Jason Jones, Network Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 44
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com