Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My mini ipad will not connect with my home wifi. I have a…

My mini ipad will...

My mini ipad will not connect with my home wifi. I have a laptop and phone which are connected. I have had Apple run diagnostics on my ipad and there are no issues. It asks for my home wifi password ***** then won't connect.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

1 is solid. 2 & 7 are blinking

4/16/2018
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When the iPad fails to connect, what is the message it gives?

Please let me know

It just keeps asking for the wifi password.(The window reappears.)

ok, hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me how it then functions please

Richard, Network Specialist
34;Unable to join network"
Password ***** window appears repeatedly as reported before.

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer as we repair it via your computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

How can you connect to my ipad if I don't have internet access

Can you go back and carefully read the instructions I gave please as I explained this

you want me to run it on this laptop and not the ipad? 914 806 161 pw 2903