Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

A Linksys Extender Set Up keeps coming up on my Iphone and…

Customer Question
A Linksys Extender Set...

A Linksys Extender Set Up keeps coming up on my Iphone and knocking my wireless system off, so that I have to keep calling Optimum to have it reset. There is no "x" I can click to delete the Linksys Extender Set Up - only do I then proceed.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

Please A Linksys Extender Set Up keeps coming up on my apple iphone and knocking off my wireless, so that I have to keep calling Opimum to have it reset. There is no "x" to click to close the Linksys Extender Set Up. How do I get it off my iphone, so it will function normally, thanks? Other than to accept the set up, which appears to be the only choice given? \

Technician's Assistant: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Linksys router or your Apple?

Other than to accept the set up, which appears to be the only choice given.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Get the Linksys Extender Set Up off my iphone!!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
4/15/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

You have not answered my question or resolved my issue, just asked me a question that I cannot answer. I don't know who makes my router, which connects my laptop (which is functional) and my apple iphone, which is the device that keeps getting the Linksys Extender Setup display.I also got multiple text messages on my iphone indicating that the technician has responded to my question - not answered it, because you have not. Ironically, the link in each of those text messages is supposed to be to your response, but in each case displays the same Linksys Extender Setup that I trying to get off my iphone.I do not have hours to get a non-answer. Can you help me or not?Please do not refer me to another service provider, which has happened in the past and the reason i still have the problem.

It sounds like you may have both a router and a network extender (or someone living near you may have a Linksys network extender). Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, I recommend you power down the router/modem device that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up which should reload the proper configuration. Then do the same with the WiFi/wireless router (if you have a separate WiFi/wireless router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart your phone after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

This problem began when I mistakenly click a linksys extender offer, but did not proceed to install. it will not quit coming up and asking me to proceed with the set up, in the meantime displacing my own wireless. I have had this system for over 15 years and no neighbor problems with competing systems. This is a linksys extender problem. They need to get off my iphone.I do not have access to either the modem or router, which I had set up years ago and are in my tenant's house. I do not think that is the problem. How can I get linksys extender to leave my iphone alone? This just answer service was what i found on google after searching for linksys extender support. Get linksys extender off my iphone please.Leaving me with another solution - it's a route/modem problem - is too typical of an excuse for not solving my present problem. Just Answer is linksys - turn off access to my iphone! Why does the linksys extender set up have no "x" for close or do NOT proceed. The only choice given is to accept the service I do not want.

Ok and thank you for the explanation - I now have a better understanding of the issue.

Most likely when you clicked on the offer, a Linksys Extender app or plug-in may have been installed. So on your iPhone, first scroll through your apps and look for a Linksys app, and if you find one press and hold on it until it starts shaking then tap the X on the Linksys app icon to delete it. Then restart your iPhone and the problem should no longer occur.

If that does not fix the issue please let me know and I will provide another solution.

Can't find any linksys app on the desk top or in app store? where else might i look?
Neither one - and now Linksys took over my server and i could not even find my regular server - roosendahl (Hassalar). This is more than creepy. I have never accepted Linksys and do not want them on my phone.my own server access just returned, but I am sure linksys will not give up. How do I get them off my iphone?This is taking way too much time and Linksys is interfering with my communication access by insisting on my accepting it or it will not go away. That is not simply unacceptable, it is illegal. Get off my system!

Please understand - I am not a Linksys representative however I can help you if you provide me with the information necessary to give you a solution to the problem.

Can you take a picture of the Linksys Extender screen and post it here for me to review? That would help me identify what is going on with the Linksys extender screen - Thank you.

How do I take a picture of the iPhone with the iPhone? Wouldn’t I need a second iPhone.I did think I was talking to linksys. I found you on the linksys support google link. How do I contact linksys? They are causing this problem.

To take a picture (screenshot) of the screen, when the Linksys pop-up appears press and hold the button at the top of the iPhone then while still holding the button, press the Home button located on the bottom of the face of the iPhone. Then check your Photos app on your iPhone and you will find a picture of the screen you can post here.

Will try this when it next pops up, thanks.

Ok, sounds good.

I continue to have problems with my Brother printer/scanner/faxer/copier and Brother technicians continue to screw it up.I spoke to Brother yesterday - is that a different service than yours - trying to get the pdf function to work, which, briefly, it did. As soon as the call hung up, however, i tried to do a pdf and it would not work. Called Brother and another technician came on who did not know what he is doing and ended up disconnecting my service entirely. Now I cannot even print from my computer. Called a supervisor and after over one and one half hours on the phone, including disconnecting and attempting to reconnect my software, she hung up, effectively punting me to another unnamed technician to try to clean up the mess.Weeks of efforts to get functional Brother have now left me with a machine that randomly becomes active, makes noise (including all night while I was trying to sleep), but neither prints nor pdfs.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a message from "Todd," who says he has my machine and can help me, but when I call the number he left, I get someone with no background whatever and have to start over with no solution in sight.I have REAL work to do and this is sucking up my time, energy, and patience. Do I need a lawyer to get someone to make my machine work and not screw it up further?
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago

This is the first I have heard of the issue you describe above with the Brother printer is much different than the Linksys Extender Pop-up issue, however I may be able to help. Have you tried uninstalling the printer driver from your computer, then rebooting, then downloading and installing the most current driver for the printer?

Is the printer connected over wireless?

Also, can other computers and/or devices print using the same printer?

What errors appear?