Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have had my home network changed and am attempting to get…

I have had my...

I have had my home network changed and am attempting to get my Bravia TV to connect to the new network. I have followed HOME to Network Setup to Wireless Setup to Scan (I have a WPA password ***** than WPS Security). I can find my new network on the list, and when I select it I am invited to enter my WPA Key. When I get to the screen where this can be done, I have entered my WPA key.

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

Itself

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

I bought the TV new a number of years ago. Until the day before yesterday it was happily connected to my home network. My problems have only arisen when I have tried to connect it to my new network. After I have entered my WPA key, I press Enter on that screen. I am then back to the screen inviting me to enter my key. When I press the requisite button on the remote control, I am returned to the screen on which I have just entered the key and end up in an endless loop between the two screens.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/14/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

The wireless password ***** ***** to your wireless modem/router. I can give you the instructions on how to recover the wireless password, but first I need to know the brand and model name of your wireless modem/router.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Jason Jones, Network Technician
The wireless password ***** ***** an issue. I found it on the modem. My issue is simply that when I type the password ***** requested on my television, I am unable to enter it.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 23
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

After you download and save the remote application file, you must open the file and allow it to run. Please, do that. Thank you :)

I see that you are having some sort of problem running the remote on your computer.

Let's try this another way.

Go to the following page: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
- On the page that comes up, click the orange Download button for the "INSTALL (EXE) option, download, and open that file.
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.