Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Can you help me with a password for WiFi. Apple. I forgot my

Can you help me with a password ***** WiFi
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Apple
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I forgot my password ***** WiFi and I just installed Sierra
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your wireless networking question.

If you have any other device that accesses the same WiFi currently, you should be able to get the WiFi password ***** it - especially easy if it is a Windows PC. Tell me what type of device might suit this requirement, what sort of device it is, in Reply. I will instruct you in specifics after that.

If you have no other device that is already connected to the WiFi, then tell me, what WiFi is it?

If it is your own, local, router, look on the router to see whether it mentions the password ***** the router or its WiFi or wireless. It might even state what you are looking for, on the manufacturer's label of your local route.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Russel H - I have a apple desktop that is connected to the wifi. I have searched this devise and did not find an answer to my problem. The wifi router is my own. is an apple devise and could find nothing that indicates a password.

OK, to let me look on that Apple computer for the WiFi password ***** the procedure isn't easy to explain quickly - just click on this link, and download and Run or Open the Elsinore Java remote control app:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9f27f5be-6688-443b-8448-3d9276aeb259&Type=Java

Once that is done and authorized, I will be able to open a Chat window on your screen at upper right, to communicate through. Then after a remark, I will look to find the WiFi passphrase on the Apple computer that is connected to WiFi - if you have clicked on this link on that computer.

Let me know when you are ready to begin that remote session, please.

Or, I can instruct you on how to find the password ***** your Apple computer.

Reply, let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have loaded as you requested.

No connection as yet.... I'm sorry to say.

Would you like instructions?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please give instructions

Search for

Keychain Access

and open that ... or go to Apps - Utilities - Keychain Access instead.

Then, at left, tap on Passwords

then tap on Show Password ***** authorize that with username and password ***** required...

then select the WiFi network to show its stored password.

Or:

go to System Preferences

Network

Airport

click on Advanced

and then select the network name, and tap on Show Password (this might not work on more recent Apple versions.)

Does that work?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Russel

Yes?

Do you need any further help? if so, Reply please and let me know. (If not, then no response is required, and have a good day!)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I give up but you get a five star

Feel welcome to resume any time later, just coming back to this page at your convenience, and I will help you further to a good result.