Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Having trouble setting up my email account on my new

Having trouble setting up...

Having trouble setting up my email account on my new computer says network is not secure or something wrong with proxy server?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Not sure how to answer that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Brand new computer out of Box just trying to set it up

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/14/2018
Jason Jones, Network Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today. After connecting to the network, are you able to access the Internet on the computer?

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Jason Jones, Network Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 22
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
are you still there?????

I have been here the whole time. I am waiting for you to follow the instructions that I sent eight minutes ago. Please, follow the instructions below.

After you download and save the remote application file, you must open the file and allow it to run. Please, do that. Thank you :)

I see that you are having some sort of problem running the remote on your computer.

Let's try this another way.

Go to the following page: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
- On the page that comes up, click the orange Download button for the "INSTALL (EXE) option, download, and open that file.
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

Jason Jones, Network Technician