Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My wifi is not working; set up through Airport Time Capsule.

Customer Question
My wifi is not...

My wifi is not working; set up through Airport Time Capsule. When I try to change from Bridge mode to Share a public IP address, I get an error message that "The router address you have entered is not compatible with your WAN IP address."

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

The Time Capsule is my router, and the green steady light is on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
My home wifi network was working fine until last night. It have cable internet through a modem, and the wifi is set up with an Apple Time Capsule. When I check the Airport Utility settings, the router mode is set to Bridge. When I try to change it to Share a Public IP Address so that I can access the internet wirelessly, an error message was appearing that said, "The router address you have entered is not compatible with your WAN IP address." The router address is 10.0.1.1.I did a hard reset of the Time Capsule. Now the error message doesn't appear when I try to change from Bridge to Share a Public IP Address, but instead, I lose the internet connection completely until I change it back to Bridge.
4/3/2018
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

I still need assistance.

Ok so it should be configured in Bridge Mode for the reasons cited in the error - private IP addresses and public IP addresses are not compatible.

Please describe the exact problem you are having with the WiFi...are you unable to connect to WiFi or unable to connect to the Internet after connecting to WiFi?