Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I tried to set up RE6300. It went to step 3b, but on step 4b…

Customer Question
I tried to set...

I tried to set up RE6300. It went to step 3b, but on step 4b blinked amber. So I went to Browser-based setup, page 9.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Linksys E1200

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Linksys router?

I pressed WPS button on back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

The router and target location for range extender are two rooms apart, about 50-60 feet. The instructions say to temporarily plug extender half way between, so it's about 25 feet from router and 25 feet from target location. Oh, yes, my phone says wi-fi network is very strong. (max. number of lines.)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/2/2018
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your range extender from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

I did that. The device seems to be working properly. I see a strong wi-fi network signal.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Try connecting with your extender and check if you have internet connection.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it working?

I tried a wi-fi call to my wife's cell phone, and it appears to work strong and clearly. Thanks for the help. What started this issue is that I have a device that's supposed to receive info via wi-fi connection, but it doesn't seem to complete the data transfer. I guess I'll need to contact the other device supplier and find out if maybe it has a problem, unrelated to the wi-fi extender. Thanks.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.

And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.

You can also directly write back to me

https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/

I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

You can also directly write back to me

I wish you have an awesome day ahead!