Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Surface Pro 3, not connected, cant detect driver. Arris,

Customer Question
Surface Pro 3, not...

Surface Pro 3, not connected, cant detect driver

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

Arris, connecting ok to samsung tablet ok, wifi, Surface was working, then quit this am

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Arris router or your Microsoft?

Just power reset and network troubleshooter

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
4/1/2018
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try these steps please.
Right click on your Windows start menu icon,then select device manager,then click on the arrow to the left of network adapter to populate the list,then right click on the wireless network adapter name,then choose uninstall,choose okay,then reboot the computer.The adapter will automatically reinstall with fresh settings. Then check for wifi.Let em know how it goes please.

did that work for you?

No, different GUI. Ran the reset function. That reinstalled the network driver.I don't think justanswer was any help, would like a refund. How?
That's great news!
It's fine now. Ran the "reset" function and it reloaded the driver
Great!