Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Can't get my ps4 to connect so i have to change settings…

Customer Question
Can't get my ps4...

Can't get my ps4 to connect so i have to change settings apparently

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your PlayStation? What have you tried so far?

I just got it today, been messing with it all day tried some port forwarding but not real sure if i did it right, not too familiar with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats probably everything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Are you getting an error message? If so, please let me know the full error message and any code shown alongside it.

Wired connection, there is no error message, on the network connection it shows everything is successful except for the playstation network login

To set up the wired connection on your PS4:

1. Begin by plugging in an ethernet cable to the rear of the PS4 and connect it to the LAN 1, LAN 2, LAN3 or LAN4 port on your router.
  2. At the main PS4 menu go to Settings and press X.
  3. Scroll down to Network and press X.
  4. Scroll down to Set Up Internet Connection and press X.
  5. Scroll down to Use a LAN Cable and press X.
  6. On the following screen scroll down to Easy then press X.
  7. The following screen will display Checking network environment followed with a screen showing the Internet settings are updated. At the following screen you can choose internet connection test and press X . Once this test is complete you have finished the setup.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I’ve done all that of that way before asking for help, my issue is from my ISP I’m assuming, PlayStation support told me about port forwarding which is what I’m not familiarized with

Who is your ISP?

You may need to assign a permanent IP address to your PlayStation 4 in order to get a NAT Type 2 connection.

In your router, look for a way to manually assign an IP address. Not all routers support this. This process will differ depending on the specific router that you have. If you find this feature in your router, simply assign a permanent IP address to your PlayStation 4 (in your router) and no changes are required in your PS4 console. Your router will take care of always assigning your PS4 the same internal IP address which will function the same as a static IP.

If you have a router that does not allow you to manually assign IP addresses, you will need to set up a static IP address within your PS4 console.

Verizon dsl, with a westel 7500 modem/router combo, they are sending me a new router this week

Ok, le tme know if the new router works?