Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Can’t connect to the internet on Xbox one. Receiving message…

Customer Question
Can’t connect to the...

Can’t connect to the internet on Xbox one. Receiving message stating hardware error

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting your game system to the router: wirelessly or by network cable?

Tried both

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Not to the router, but WiFi is working for other devices. Connected Xbox to router to see if it would work since WiFi didn’t

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

The Xbox fell about 2 feet to the floor. The offline games are working fine. Just online not connecting

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
4/1/2018
Network Technician: Steve Asher, Certified Networking Engineer replied 3 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Certified Networking Engineer

Hello! My name is Steve. I will be assisting you today.

I see that you have done a lot of the troubleshooting already.

I take it that the network problems began when it was dropped?

Thank you for your reply. I’ve got it working.

Glad you got it working! I thought for sure I was gonna have to break some bad news to you. Enjoy your weekend!

You as well, thank you.