Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My 1 month old tv will not connect to my wifi. Thr tv wont…

Customer Question
My 1 month old...

My 1 month old tv will not connect to my wifi

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Thr tv wont connect at all "no network connection"

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes. And called my internet provider. My computer is connected fine.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
4/1/2018
Network Technician: Steve Asher, Certified Networking Engineer replied 4 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Certified Networking Engineer

Hello! My name is Steve! I will be assisting you this evening.

A couple questions to start things off.

Has the TV ever been connected to your wi-fi?

What is the model of the tv?

What is the model of the router?

Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please