Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Zyxel NSA-220 storage box. I am not sure how to"log…

Customer Question
I have a Zyxel...

I have a Zyxel NSA-220 storage box. I am not sure how to"log in" to it so I can get info off it.

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your NSA-220 network?

I have the box sitting here and I have an ethernet cord plugged directly into my iMAC

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ZyXel router or your Apple?

I do not have a router, I hotspot my Mac to my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Networking
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
HRMMMMMM.....
3/31/2018
Network Technician: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 18 days ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello is this the 220 Plus please?

With the computer plugged into the NSA you need to change the IP address information on the computer.

Please see page 4 of the manual click me

On your computer you set the static IP address (not auto DHCP) to 192.168.1.99; the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.1.3

Network Technician: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 16 days ago

Thank you ok where it says Router, enter 192.168.1.3

hongkongpom
hongkongpom