Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

3/31/2018
Network Technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 2 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a networking pro who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Based on the screenshots you sent, it looks like one is a WiFi connection (perhaps from AT&T Uverse, DSL, or Fiber service) and the other is your actual AT&T cellular connection. You would be connected to both simultaneously, surfing the web on WiFi while staying connected to cellular for calls and texts.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!

I'm still unsure it looks as if there may be video streaming through our network? The unpn and wfa would insinuate that? I'm concerned certain videos of myself may have been released or streamed without my permission and not sure how to go about finding out.

I don't see anything in the screenshots you submitted that look abnormal; that's not to say you don't have legitimate concerns, only that the information in the screenshots do not indicate hacking, etc.

UPnP (Universal Plug N Play) isn't harmful; it's just a technology that lets devices communicate over your home network. This would be used, for instance, if you were installing a wireless printer -- it's the technology that allows your computer to "see" the printer on the network. It couldn't be used to stream videos or otherwise perform file transfers.

WFA is just the acronym for the trade group that promotes wireless internet, so no worries there.

It sounds like this issue is pretty personal, but is there any more you could comfortably tell me about the situation that would allow me to provide better advice about how to ensure your privacy isn't being violated by unauthorized release/streaming of personal videos?