Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I changed routers, and now my CoolCamP2P IP camera will not…

Customer Question
I changed routers, and...

I changed routers, and now my CoolCamP2P IP camera will not connect

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Maybe, I haven't tried. I would like to connect by WiFi. When I do think I have it reconnected, it will say "This device is in use" or something like that

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

US/DS Online 2.4Ghz 5 Ghz

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have pressed reset on the camera and I have gotten the tone, but not connection.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I must leave withing 5 minutes. We will have to continue this on Monday. Please leave me info by email (*****@******.***) on when we can reconnect to solve this problem. Coolcam was working well with my old router, which was separate from my modem. I bought a new modem/router combination and the Coolcam quit working. The network pass word remained the same. I also see that the program does not have an option, or ask "forgot my password", So I see no choice, except to reset, which I did. Then when I try to reconnect, it tells me it already has this device.!
3/31/2018
Network Technician: Harry, CCIE replied 3 months ago
Harry, CCIE

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I am away from my computer until Monday at noon. Please leave me an email with the solution, if you will.

OK

I am back now. Do you need any more info than I have already posted about the CoolCam WiFi connection?

Did you connect the cameras to the new network?