Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I had internet problems yesterday. All resolved now but I…

Customer Question
I had internet problems...

I had internet problems yesterday. All resolved now but I can't get my iPad mini online

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

Only when I press 'other' then it doesn't recognize that network. My macbook pro and iPhone are fine

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Please wait. I have to go to the basement and look

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

2adhz is blinking

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Networking
3/30/2018
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 21 days ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
This can normally be resolved by resetting the iPads network settings. The reset will only effect the network settings and no other data or settings will be lost.
Follow the instructions below to reset your iPad's network settings:
Step 1:
Tap Settings.
Step 2:
Tap General.
Step 3:
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.
Step 4:
Tap Reset Network Settings.
Step 5:
You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Step 6:
Wait while your iPad resets its network settings.
Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPad will also automatically restart. Then try reconnecting your iPad to the network again.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hi Randy, I'm good to go! Thank you.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I don't think I need more support Randy
That's great!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
You definitely have a 5 star rating
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How do I rate you?
I can't click on the stars

There should be a place at the top of your screen now.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I did the reset and still couldn't get online
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I'm not going to pay anymore.
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 19 days ago
Does the name of your WiFi network appear in the list of available networks on the iPad?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No the wifi name doesn’t appear

okay, did it work after you did the reset the first time?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No. The network doesn’t come up
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 18 days ago
Can you carry the iPad to another location and check to see if it will connect to a different wifi?
That will let us know if the issue is with the iPad or the router.
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator