Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have issues with connectivity. Sitting right next to

Customer Question
I have issues with...

I have issues with connectivity

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sitting right next to router, strong signal, other devices connect, but says it can’t connect. I have come to the conclusion it is my laptop

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I don’t have one

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All are on wireless blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been an ongoing problem. I’m at work, but it happens at home too

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Networking
3/30/2018
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Which version of Windows Operating System is on your laptop? 10,8,7,etc..
I think windows 10 let me check
Okay,
Follow these steps please:Click the Start menu icon buttonThen open Settings (the gear icon)On the Settings page click Network & InternetFrom the menu on the left side of the page select StatusAt the bottom of the page clickNetwork ResetReset Now
I reenyered mybpayment info
I have done the reset
I’m calling from my phone because I can’t get the laptop to connect
It is not doing anything. Said it would restart, but it has not

Okay, you can power it off and then back on. Then check to see if the wifi will connect.

I often have to do that to get it to connect. Pain in the butt. Not normal

I understand, the reset should correct that issue.

My coworkers Apple never has this issue. My husband’s Lenovo has the same issue
Rebooting often works, so if it still has this issue tomorrow or the next day, will I be charged for an additional call?
It seems to happen after my laptop has gone into sleep mode

No, just let me know if it doesn't work for you and we will try another option.

It has connected, how will I contact you if the problem persists?

The issue may be in the power settings. Sometimes the power settings turns off the network adapter.

You can come back to this page anytime. There is a link on your email.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Thank you

your welcome!